FREE UK SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER £30
Cart 0

Candle Safety

When burning your Join natural scented candle for the first time please keep it lit for a minimum of 3 hours and allow the wax to melt evenly to the edge of the jar. This will ensure a clean, even burn throughout the candle and will avoid what is commonly known as tunnelling, where only certain parts of the wax melt, limiting your lovely candle's burn life.

Soy wax has a lower melting point than other candle waxes, which is why the scent throw is so indulgent and lasts longer than other candles. Plus we use beautifully rich essential oils packed full of goodness. It's not unusual for the entire candle to melt during one 'lighting' so bear this in mind when moving it or blowing out the flame. We recommend investing in a good snuffer. That, and a good quality wick trimmer. 

Talking of trimming. Trim the wick of your candle to 5mm each time you light it to ensure no nasty black smoke is given off and your candle adds the feel you love to your room - including house plants, books, magazines, coffee, brunch, champagne or whatever makes you smile. Just be sure to burn your candle on a heat resistant surface away from children, pets and any item that can catch alight.

Never leave a lit candle unattended and please do not burn your candle for longer than 4 hours at a time as this will cause danger such as the glass jar breaking. Do not light your candle when your wax is down to 7mm but please feel free to reuse and recycle your glass as a succulent holder, button or craft jar, or desk organiser.

Please note Join and its resellers are not liable for candle misuse. 

Enjoy your healthy home fragrance.